Generally, Curiocity will be guided by the following principles when processing personal data:
1. We will only collect personal data for specific and specified purposes;
2. We will not collect personal data beyond what is necessary to accomplish those purposes;
3. We will not use personal data for purposes other than that for which the data was collected, except as stated herein, or with prior consent;
4. We will not transfer personal data to third parties or across borders, except as stated herein, or with prior consent;
5. We will seek to verify and/or update personal data periodically, and we will accept requests for amendments of personal data;
6. We will apply high technical standards to make our processing of personal data secure;
7. Except when stated herein, we will not store personal data in identifiable form longer than is necessary to accomplish its purpose, or as is required by law.
Transfer of personal data to third parties and/or other countries
As a general principle, we process personal data in order to facilitate or improve the Curiocity’s offerings and services to you. We do purchase supplementary data from public sources to complement our data bases.
We do not process personal data on behalf of third parties, nor do we sell personal data to, or share personal data with, third parties for their own, independent use, except if you allow us to do so.
We do share personal data with third party vendors when it is necessary to provide services that we don’t perform ourselves, e.g. shipping of Curiocity products, mailing of Curiocity Newsletters, etc.
We also use third party data hosting companies to store personal data collected by us in their servers, and to do data validation checks for us.
All data transfers to third party vendors or partners, including those listed as examples above will be subject to a written contract between us and the third party vendor or partner in question, and the vendor or partner will not have any authority to use such personal data for any purpose other than as instructed by us.
When relevant, personal information may be shared among the business units and entities inside the Curiocity Group. We will disclose personal data when legally obligated to do so under subpoena or court order, or for law enforcement purposes.
PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA THROUGH CURIOCITY
When you ordering online via www.curiocity.in, we will process transaction-related personal data, such as your first and last name, mailing and shipping address, phone number, email address, credit card or other payment information. We will also process information about your purchases with us.
We will use such personal data to process and deliver your order, to provide notification of order status, and to update your profile periodically to ensure that we have the most accurate personal data available. We will also use said personal data to analyze customer behaviour and to customize our communication with you, if applicable. In this respect, we may transfer tracking information about your use of our sites to external service providers, which will help us optimize your browsing experience. Optimization services will be performed under a written contract between us and any service provider.
If you opt-in (or upon request), we will send you promotional and marketing emails. These may be targeted to you based on your purchase history or online browsing behaviour.